Fratelli La Bufala - Pizza makes you beautiful

13.5.13



Pizza and Prosecco are magic words to me so when I was invited to the opening of the second Fratelli La Bufala restaurant in London I was there, appetite at the ready. 

All I knew about the restaurant was it was founded by three brothers from Campania, their buffalo mozzarella was especially flown in from Naples three times a week - and the Neapolitan pizza was top ranked as the best pizza in London. Music to my ears. 






Expectations were high - and I wasn't disappointed. (Warning: this will be a very picture heavy post. Because a picture says a thousand words, right? Drool away.)

The Prosecco flowed and the canapés kept on coming - the bruschetta being possibly the best I've ever tasted. It was so fresh. And I can confirm the Neapolitan pizza lived up to its reputation! And we also had a foodie chat with the very famous chef Aldo Zilli!








Full of delicious canapés we headed downstairs for yet more food. We tasted the famous buffalo mozzarella and it was delicious. You can understand why they fly it in - it certainly wasn't as rubbery as the mozzarella I've tried in other Italian restaurants. The pasta dish was also good.






The came the meat. The buffalo meat. WOW. It's not often I would go to an Italian and order anything other than the pizza - but I would make an exception for this. It was cooked so well it melted in your mouth. Perfect. 




'It's the best thing I've ever tasted!' my friend Elaine said. I couldn't have agreed more. 

Over dinner I heard someone say: 'Pizza makes you beautiful' and I couldn't agree more. I was annoyed that I hadn't thought to title my blog that!

I left happy, tipsy, so full I could barely do my coat up and certain I would be back very soon. 

Fratelli La Bufala, 35-37 Villiers Steet, Charing Cross, WC2N 6ND 


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this looks amazing. Why do I not live in London?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM, I need to go there! These pictures look delicious! How am I going to make it through the next hour until lunch?!

    ReplyDelete