January - you're not all bad

21.1.14


Now I'm not normally lost for words, but this month I have been mainly relying on other people's words to keep my little piece of the web sailing. 

But January is like that, isn't it? A little bit... dry. (Not in the alcohol sense though. I'm not stupid.) 

We're all drinking less, eating less and spending less because payday still seems like forever away (five days away in my case, and counting....) And because of this, I just don't seem to have much to say. 

I'm not moaning though. Even after the party/eat what the hell you want month of December, pay for it/get on a diet January hasn't been all bad, in fact 6 things have surprised me this month… 

1) I can actually go more than three hours without having crackers smothered in Brie. 

2) That I can wake up in the morning without thinking: 'What time can I crack open the Champagne?'

3) That I can eat foods with colour: broccoli, butternut squash, etc and not just foods that are brown: sausage rolls, bread, pate, crisps, etc.  

4) That after a five-year hiatus, I would become hooked on Eastenders again. This has nothing to do with the story lines and everything to do with Danny Dyer. Mainly Danny Dyer half naked. 


5) That I would become quite so obsessed watching 12 celebrities in a house. I wake up in the morning and wonder what might have happened overnight. Is Casey still trying to get it on with love rat Lee? Have Jim and Linda killed each other? Has Sam actually spoken? 

6) That I would actually utter the words I LOVE LIZ JONES and laugh out loud at some of the things she's said. 


(Watch Liz Jones and laugh out loud at some of the things she says.)

So January may involve less cheese, less food, and less fizz but it has given me Danny Dyer and Liz Jones. Mustn't complain!


4 comments:

  1. Who is the other girl in that clip? She's the funny one! "You haven't got Vienna bottom!"

    Love this blog. January 0 Rowlo 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's Luisa! She was on The Apprentice. Also funny, but also annoying....!

      Liz is my fave. By far. Which is mental xx

      Delete
  2. I don't believe you on the Brie front but the rest of this post I love massively!
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still surprising myself on the Brie front! x

      Delete