Spare Brides by Adele Parks

13.2.14


I've been waiting to tell you how amazing this book is FOR AGES. 

As you know, I love ALL Adele Parks books but Spare Brides I especially got very excited about when a copy landed on my desk. 

It starts New Years Eve 1920, the Great War is over and it’s a new decade of glamorous promise. But a whole generation are haunted by extreme tragedy and trauma…. 

Spare Brides is an emotional novel which follows four women in the pursuit of happiness in these difficult times. But to get what they want, what will they have to sacrifice?

As I travelled on the tube reading this I truly was transported to 1920s London post-war. You can't help but get lost in the plot and visualise the characters who you have extreme sympathy for. 

This novel is completely different to any other Adele Parks you’ve ever read – and it’s truly her at her very best.  



1 comment:

  1. I do love a bit of Adele Parks and I do love a bit of post war fiction! Merci buckets as always for a spanking marvellous recommendation!
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete